Tuesday, January 29, 2013

February Resolutions

New year's resolutions typically start in January, but this year February is beginning of my newest initiative.  Starting on February 1st, I'll be joining the ranks of artists who are doing a painting a day.  I've modified it slightly, committing to doing 5 per week, since I can't count on being able to get out to my studio on the weekends, when the kids are home from school.

Here are the basics:
  • The paintings will be small, e.g. 5x7, 6x6, etc.
  • I will do any subject that strikes my fancy - no specific themes.
  • I will post everything I paint (though the editor in me shudders at the prospect...)
  • The works will be available for sale via dailypaintworks.com
I'll try to write a bit with each painting, so that I can share the creative process.  I'm excited about being able to try some new techniques and subjects.

Wish me luck and enjoy the art!




No comments:

Post a Comment