Thursday, June 13, 2013

Dryad B

"Dryad B", Acrylic on Panel, 8x10"
Click here for purchase information

I've been working on a new series - integrating figures into my tree/landscapes.  This is the second I've done (I posted the first to my FB site) but I'm still working out how I want to proceed.  I like the idea of modern-day dryads, but am worried that it's too kitschy.  What interests me is having the form of the body echoing the form of the tree.  I think however, that these are getting a bit too close to illustration.  I'm going to try a bunch in this smaller size before committing to another big panel.  Maybe they just need to be looser?  Maybe the content is too traditional?  I've thought about really pushing the 'modern' angle, e.g. dryads drinking Diet Coke and smoking, but that may make the whole problem worse.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment