Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Grackle in Sun

"Grackle in Sun," Acrylic on Panel, 7x5"
Click here for purchase information

Here's another grackle for yet another sunny, allergy-blighted Austin day.  Doesn't he (she?) look like he wants to take a bite of you?

(Later Today)  It occurred to me that this renewed interest in birds might be related to the titular goldfinch painting in the recent Donna Tartt book.  The book was amazing and I loved how the painting tied in the story elements.  As an artist, it felt strange to read about a work of art having so much power (both monetary and emotional).  I know that when people respond to my work, it is seldom due to anything that I consciously put in the painting.  I wonder what Fabritius would have thought about the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment