Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Echoes

"Echoes," oil on board, 16x20"
I forgot about my blog for the last week, so I thought I should try to get back on the wagon.  I find all of the social media overwhelming.  For every painting I finish I have the option of blogging, tweeting, instagram-ing, or posting to Facebook about it.  I suppose I could link them all, so I could post once and it shows up on most of the sites, but then do I end up spamming the people I want to engage? Sigh.

In any case, here's my latest.  The workshop I took a couple of weeks ago whetted my appetite for oil painting, so I've been experimenting.  The colors are much more subtle, I think, though I suspect I could get the same effect in acrylic if I tried.  Maybe I'll experiment with two similar paintings, one in each medium, and see which I like better.

This painting was inspired by a drive through Bastrop on the way back from Houston last month.  I hadn't seen the devastation created by the fire before and it was striking.  As someone who loves trees, this was particularly sad.  Drought or scary amounts of rain....which is better?

No comments:

Post a Comment