Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Childhood 3

"Childhood 3", Acrylic on Panel, 5x7"
Click here for purchase information

So I went back to the books.  Today we have The Wizard of OZ, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (or Philosopher's Stone, as it was in the British version) , and Gulliver's Travels.  Harry Potter wasn't part of my actual childhood, but my youngest brother talked me in to reading it when he was 10 and I was 28.   I loved it as much as he did.   I originally read the British version because I was living up in Canada, B.C. at the time.   I tried to read that version to my son, when he was old enough, but I ended up switching to the American version because it was annoying to have to explain all of the British expressions, e.g. 'pudding' (for dessert) and 'jumper' for sweater.

I'm happy with how this one turned out.  I think the strong patterns on the books make the composition interesting.  More books tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment