Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Breathe

"Breathe", Acrylic on Panel, 6x6"
Click here for purchase information

A bit earlier in my art endeavor I became frustrated because the subjects I chose (at that time, homeless people in landscapes) weren't selling.  I was fascinated by the subject matter and thought I was doing something important, but the paintings were piling up in my studio - no takers.

In rebellion, I decided that I would paint something that always seemed to sell - pictures of fish.  I bought a fish (christened "Leaf" by my son) and painted it a few times.  It died.  I bought another (my son named him Pablo Rojo) and I painted a few more.  I grew bored with painting fish and moved on to other subjects.  Pablo, lived on.

It's now nearly two years later and Pablo is a bit tattered around the edges, but going strong.  I still like painting him on occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment