Monday, April 15, 2013

Potions

"Potions", Acrylic on Panel, 5x7"
Click here for purchase information.

A while ago I staged a variety of still life compositions with antique bottles. I had just finished reading The Night Circus, which I enjoyed.  My favorite part was about a tent filled with different bottles containing memories and I wanted to capture some of the magic of the scene in my paintings.

I'm not too happy with the quality of the photo - too much glare, even w/o the flash.  It looks much better in person.

I'm struggling to keep up with the daily paintings as I try to get ready for the West Austin Studio Tour.  I managed to commit most of my stock of paintings to other local shows and have been madly painting to try to have something new to show on the tour.  So, apologies in advance if I have to skip a couple of days this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment