Friday, July 26, 2013

Lean Back

"Lean Back", Acrylic on Board, 24x36"
I don't seem to be able to make myself do the daily paintings when I have a big painting in progress on my easel...  I need to find a way to overcome my reluctance.

In any case, I like this new one.  I called it "Lean Back" because I recently listened to "Lean In" by Sheryl Sandberg. I was conflicted about reading it because I have some lingering guilt about opting out of the corporate world.  I ended up liking the book quite a bit - she spoke to many of my own experiences, being one of few women in a male-dominated industry.

I have to say though, that it didn't make me second guess my current life choice.  I love doing art full-time and find it more challenging and rewarding than my previous roles.  I suppose from the outside, someone could say that I chose to lean back, but I'm working harder than ever before and I think the results are beautiful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment