Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Span

"Span", Acrylic on Board, 48x60"

I got distracted with my big painting again and neglected my dailies...  This one was fairly enormous and I just couldn't make myself stop until it was finished.  I'll try to get back on track tomorrow.

I was also thinking that it might be interesting to do a series of pictures of one of the larger works in process. It's something that I've been meaning to do for a while and this is as good a place as any to share it.  I'm a little nervous about seeing in pictures the stages a painting goes through to arrive at a final state... which is probably a good indication that it would be a useful exercise.

I don't know if I've written about this in the blog (apologies if I'm repeating myself), but I really like giving my paintings titles that are both nouns and verbs.  I like the implied action... and ambiguity.

No comments:

Post a Comment