Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Wolf

"Wolf", Acrylic on Panel, 12x9"
Click here for purchase information

Last year I had the idea of doing some paintings that played around with the concept of modern fairytales.  To that end, I got this cool wolf mask on ETSY w/the intention of using it for several paintings.  I did do a couple, but wasn't happy with the results... and since this was before my blog, the results were never seen.  During my most recent photo shoot, I decided to have the model play around with the mask.  I'm happier with this one than my previous attempts.  I especially like how she's looking directly at the viewer - a bit menacing.

The style of these recent paintings is different from my previous figurative works.  I've been playing with a strong line around the edges.  I like the way it makes the figures stand out from the backgrounds.    In this one, I especially like the luminosity it lends to the skin of her arm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment